Thursday, January 3, 2013

Kale, Pineapple and Almond Milk Smoothie!



I DID IT! 

Well, I did two things....

First, I did a RIDICULOUS workout this morning from the website Daily Burn called INFERNO.  And yes, it is as intense as the name.  I thought I was in pretty good shape, but my LORD, this was challenging.  It is a 21 day challenge where you do insanity-like workouts every two days with yoga in between for recovery.  I thought I wasn't going to make it through but I did! I definitely recommend this site if you want variety and some motivation for working out (there are cool points features where you get awards and points for doing workouts and earning achievements).  I sometimes feel like a kid with this where I just want my sticker!!!

Okay, second, and more importantly....I made a green smoothie that is ABSOLUTELY delicious!  




I am so proud of myself, that it doesn't taste like seaweed or bitter vegetables.  I think I may have this everyday! Truth is...I didn't really come up with this myself.  I stole it.. I mean...I altered the recipe from Whole Living.  Here is the original recipe.

I changed it a bit because I wanted to add some more fiber and protein...and I didn't have a banana (silly husband took it this morning!).

Please try it yourself and let me know what you think! My only dilemma is...is there too much sugar and carbohydrates from the fruits? Mah...who cares, I'm eating a cup of kale in this baby and I barely taste it :)

Ingredients:

  • 1 cup of unsweetened almond milk
  • 1 cup of kale
  • 3/4 cup of pineapple (with juices)
  • 1 pear
  • 1 tbsp of chia seeds
Directions:
Put it all in a blender and VOILA! delicious smoothie that tastes like heaven! :)

And BTW---Here are the nutrition facts :) I used Daily Burn Tracker to calculate.

P.S. I put morning snack because I drank this after my intense workout.  I felt great! 



No comments:

Post a Comment